Preparing for interview?
Increase your image and impact with top tips for interview by Accredited First Impressions Consultant, Jacky Williams.
1. First impressions start before the interview. How you come across on paper or via on-line applications and how you sound on the telephone. Ensure your CV and accompanying letter or email is free from mistakes and speak clearly on the telephone.
2. Show an interest in your possible future employers and research the company. Remember they may also do the same with you so be aware of what information is available to interviewers on social networking sites like Facebook! Are you promoting a credible image?
3. Put in the effort and dress appropriately. Make sure your interview outfit is in-keeping with the company’s dress code and always look smart and well turned out. Wear the correct colours and styles to suit your personal colouring and body shape. Reflect your individual style with well chosen accessories.
4. Make a list of any information you require. Asking questions shows initiative and interest in the position.
5. Pay attention to personal grooming and personal hygiene. Always wear well kept clean shoes.
6. Be aware of your body language, aiming for a positive and confident demeanour, using firm handshake, good eye contact and remember to smile!
7. Communicate clearly and calmly, taking time to answer questions thoughtfully. Make sure any presentations are well prepared and practised.
“YOU NEVER GET A SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION.” Oscar Wilde